In Europe, around 4 million people die from cardiovascular diseases every year. This accounts for 45% of all deaths, making it Europe’s biggest killer.
Good health is vital for a healthy heart and small lifestyle changes could reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Here are some great ways to show your heart the love it deserves.
- SMOKING: Smoking is one of the most common causes of coronary heart disease, so giving up smoking is vital for your heart health. The risk of heart attack is reduced by 50% after a year of giving up.
- WEIGHT: Eating a healthy and balanced diet that is low in sugar and fat will decrease your risk of heart disease. Being overweight will increase your risk, so it’s important to stick to a healthy diet that includes at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- EXERCISE: We all know that exercise is good for your health, especially exercise that gets your heart pumping – so get active and reduce your risk of heart disease. Even walking at a fast pace increases your heart rate.
- WHOLE FOODS: Eating at least 30g of fibre every day can help to reduce your risk of heart disease. Including bran, oats, wholemeal bread, fruit, veg and wholegrain cereals in your diet will be beneficial for your health.
- REDUCE FAT: Eat lean meats and limit your intake of dairy products to reduce the risk of heart disease. Too much food that is high in saturated fats can increase the level of cholesterol in your blood.
- CUT DOWN: Reduce your intake of salt and alcohol. Salt is often already added to foods we eat, so check the labels before you add it to your meal. Adults shouldn’t eat more than 6g of salt each day. Alcohol can influence heart health, so make sure you stick to no more than the recommended daily limit.
- OMEGA 3: Eating food that is rich in omega 3 fats can help to protect you against heart disease. Doctors recommend eating fish twice a week, including oily fish such as mackerel, sardines and salmon which are a great source of omega 3 fats.
Wise Owl’s Heart Health Range
Wise Owl know how important it is to support your heart health, especially because as we get older our body will not store vital nutrients as well. We have put together a range focusing on the most important Heart Health supplements for optimal health, to try to keep your heart functioning well and to help protect you from heart disease. Discover Wise Owl’s Heart Health Supplements to help keep your heart healthy.
Article Date: 28/09/2017
Disclaimer: All information contained on this website is for information only and should not be used to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease, health or medical condition. The products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any health or medical condition. Do not exceed stated dose or use with prescribed medication unless advise by a doctor or medical practitioner. Please seek advice from your GP if you have any concerns over your health. The information in this document is not intended to replace orthodox medical treatment and is offered as additional complimentary information.
© Wise Owl Health. Please feel free to share this article, but all website links to wiseowlhealth.com must be included.