This Chicken broth is packed with loads of vitamins and minerals and a fantastic immune system boost.
It’s so easy to make your own chicken broth. Simply buy a whole chicken and roast it. Make sure to put butter under the skin and salt and pepper and maybe some olive oil on top.
Eat the chicken throughout the week, shred it to toss on salad or whatever you like. Then you can make broth with the carcass!
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth (to make this, use leftover chicken bones. toss in the crock pot with salt, onion, celery and carrots, covered it in filtered water and let it simmer for a day – store bought stock is NOT the same and doesn’t have all the beneficial nutrients)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s (get it here)
- dill to garnish
- Add everything except the chicken and dill to a pot.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and let it warm (you just don’t want it to dry out cooking more). If you’re using uncooked chicken, toss it in at the beginning
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with dill.