Vitamin D has been recommended for years to help sufferers of the winter blues and is
often referred to as the ‘sunshine vitamin’!
Increasing our intake of vitamin D when we are lacking in daylight and sunlight can not only improve our mood and energy but also have a positive effect on other areas of our health and wellbeing. Vitamin D helps our bodies to fight off colds and flu or typical winter-related viruses and infections that we are more susceptible to when the summer months are over. It also has a significant impact on the amount of calcium our body can absorb.
Studies show that many of us are deficient in vitamin D, so taking a good vitamin D supplement is important, especially during the autumn and winter months. So, what are the benefits of vitamin D and what are the symptoms of deficiency?
Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms
- Being Unwell – if you regularly get colds and flu’s especially then you may be lacking in vitamin D. Vitamin D supports your immune system.
- Tiredness – if you generally feel tired or exhausted most of the time, then you need to increase your vitamin D intake.
- Aches and Pains – if you often suffer from aches and pains in your joints and bones, then you could be lacking in vitamin D. Low levels of vitamin D in your body could be contributing to aches and pains.
- Depression or low moods – seasonal depression (during winter months), depression and anxiety could be associated with low levels of vitamin D. Increasing your vitamin D intake could lift your mood.
- Hair loss – hair loss in women especially has been linked to low levels of vitamin D. The autoimmune condition alopecia areata can be influenced by a lack of vitamin D in the body.
The Benefits of Vitamin D
- Energy increase – vitamin D improves serotonin levels, helping you to feel more energetic and active.
- Improves mood – increasing your intake of vitamin D especially during the winter months will help you to combat the winter blues, making you feel happier.
- Decreases aches and pains – an increase in vitamin D levels can improve muscle function and encourages you to be more energetic in physical activities.
- Lower blood pressure – a study presented at the European Society of Hypertension in 2012 revealed that taking vitamin D supplements can help to lower blood pressure in those with hypertension.
- Bones and teeth – vitamin D is important for bone density and helps to prevent degenerative diseases like osteoporosis.
- Antioxidant – vitamin D is a powerful antioxidant that can help to delay the ageing process.
Wise Owl’s Food State Vitamin D Supplement is a natural nutritional supplement in a whole food complex, providing optimal absorption and utilisation. Beat the winter blues, increase your energy and mood, and enhance your wellbeing with our powerful sunshine vitamin!
Article Date: 20/09/2017
Disclaimer: The information in this document is not intended to replace orthodox medical treatment. The information offered in this document is offered as additional complimentary information.
© Wise Owl Health. Please feel free to share this article, but all website links to wiseowlhealth.com must be included.