Selenium – 100µg x 60 tablets (Food State)
Wise Owl’s food state supplements are, quite simply, food without the bulk. Our vitamins and minerals are truly natural supplements, made using high quality ingredients, in a whole food matrix. They can provide your body with the levels of nutrients our ancestors consumed, as nature intended.
Wise Owl’s ‘Food State’ Selenium is effectively a natural, organic form of the mineral & is better absorbed & utilised than inorganic selenium. Selenium may help immunity, ageing, thyroid & male fertility.
Suggested dose is 1 to 2 tablets daily, so this is a 1 to 2 months’ supply.
The Possible Benefits using Selenium
Selenium is a natural antioxidant that protects against free radicals & appears to preserve elasticity of tissue, which becomes less elastic with ageing. It is also a key nutrient in helping support the functions of the immune system & maintains certain energy-producing cells, including those of the heart.
Selenium is necessary for the production of ‘prostaglandins’ & plays an important role in maintaining thyroid functions & male fertility/reproductive functions.
Wise Owl's 'Food State' Organic Selenium Tablets are presented to the body complete with all the amino acids & other phyto-nutrients with which this mineral is found in food, making it far better absorbed & utilised than inorganic selenium supplements.
You might also be in interested in our higher potency Selenium 200µg with Iodine & Vitamin B12.
Selenium supplements MAY help with:
Protection of DNA, protein &
1 to 2 tablets taken daily should give you 1 to 2 months' supply. Click below to read more about how our Selenium 100µg supplement works & how it may help you...
Food State Selenium with 60 tablets at a nutrient level of 100µg;
- Food State Selenium is presented to the body complete with all the amino acids and other phyto-nutrients with which this mineral is found in food.
- It is effectively a natural, organic form of the mineral and it is hence far better absorbed and used than inorganic selenium.
- Recent data also shows yeast-bound selenium to be far more bioavailable and totally non-toxic in therapeutic doses.
- A natural antioxidant that protects against free radicals and appears to preserve elasticity of tissue, which becomes less elastic with ageing,
- Selenium is a key nutrient in helping support the functions of the immune system.
- It maintains certain energy-producing cells, including those of the heart, by ensuring an adequate oxygen supply.
- Selenium is necessary for the production of ‘prostaglandins’ and as such plays an important role in maintaining thyroid functions and male fertility/ reproductive functions.
- This supplement comprises 60 tablets each containing 100µg of Pure Food State Selenium.
Selenium Benefits and Deficiencies
- Contributes to normal function of the immune system.
- Contributes to normal thyroid function.
- Protection of DNA, protein and lipids from oxidative damage -Selenium contributes to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative damage.
- Contributes to normal spermatogenesis.
Recommended Intake: 1 - 2 tablets daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Non GMO & Free From: live yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, starch, lactose, added sugars, colouring, flavouring & preservatives.
Allergy Concerns: No known allergic reactions to ingredients in this formula.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- live yeast
- added sugars
- colouring, flavouring & preservatives.
Product Ingredients: Mineral enhanced yeast* providing selenium; magnesium stearate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide; tablet coating: vegetable cellulose.
Product Non-Actives: Magnesium stearate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable cellulose.
*Contains no live yeast at manufacture.
Each tablet provides on average:
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
This information is not intended to replace orthodox medical treatment, but is offered as additional, complementary information.
Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied, nutritional and balanced diet. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medication or are currently undergoing medical advice, please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use.
Refrain from taking the food supplements if adverse reactions occur and consult a doctor.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use if the goods are received without a tamper strip securely in place.