Give your baby the best start you can, by being in the best possible health with optimal nutrition levels. This is important in preconception for Mum AND Dad, as well as during the pregnancy itself.
Wise Owl’s vitamins & minerals are truly natural supplements, made using high quality whole foods, giving your body the sort of nutrients our ancestors had… the way nature intended. Made from real food, the absorption & utilisation of Wise Owl's supplements give you nearly 100% of the active food nutrients.
Here are our suggested supplements for pregnancy to help support deficiencies in the diet, including our NEW Pregnancy Support Supplement, specifically created with the aim of helping to support the mother & her developing baby.
Wise Owl’s vitamins and minerals are truly natural supplements made using high quality ingredients, in a whole food matrix. They can provide your body with the levels of nutrients our ancestors consumed, as nature intended. Because they are made from real food, your body is able to absorb and use the active nutrients much more efficiently.
Wise Owl’s ‘Food State’ Pregnancy Support Formula has been specifically created for pregnant women to support both mother & developing baby. Made made using high quality, whole food ingredients providing optimal absorption & utilisation.
Vitamin D has a significant impact on the levels of calcium that the body can absorb. It is vital for bone density & helps to prevent against degenerative diseases like osteoporosis.
E 505 Probiotic + Prebiotic in powder form for optimal effect, consists of 8 friendly bacteria which are necessary for the normal functioning of the gut, along with a beneficial prebiotic.
Calcium plays a role in normal nerve & muscle function, normal coagulation & the formation & repair of bones & teeth. Wise Owl’s Calcium supplement is in a whole food matrix, allowing the calcium to be better absorbed and utilised by the body where it is needed most. This helps eliminate unwanted side effects.
Magnesium is one of the most common dietary deficiencies in the world. Food state Magnesium tablets are made using whole food. Natural food sources of Magnesium are far better absorbed that inorganic sources.
Wise Owl's Omega 3 Fish Oil gives you a higher level of actives than most omega 3 supplements. Our fish oils are absolutely clean, stable & free from pollutants.
Essential Fatty Acids are unsaturated fatty acids which are crucial for the human body. Wise Owl's Essential Fatty Acid Complex is made from whole food & contains the 'good fats' the body needs.
Wise Owl's 'Food State' Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids is a natural nutritional supplement in a whole food complex, for optimal absorption & utilisation.
Supplements for Pregnancy
Preconception and Pregnancy: a brief note
Preconception is arguably the most important part of the process, as it is the time during which the mother and father-to-be prepare both their bodies and minds for the forthcoming pregnancy, so that they can be as healthy and ready as possible for the new life.
To give a mother the best chance of producing a healthy baby, both mother and father will need to prepare their bodies as far in advance as possible - ideally starting 6 months before the planned conception, but at least 3 months before. It is over this time span that both the sperm and ova complete their maturation process. Both are extremely vulnerable to nutritional deficiencies and toxins over this period.
Therefore, as well as improving nutritional intake, it is also important to reduce any toxic load in the body; this is best done in the first 3 months of preconception.
The second three months are a time for maintaining good health and building up the nutritional reserves in the body, in particular for the mother-to-be to be able to support the new life.
The following supplements are suggested:
- Beneficial bacteria are required at the proper levels to ensure optimum Iron absorption and use.
- It stimulates the body’s immune system.
- Can help reduce the incidence of urinary tract infections, help reduce bowel distress.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Water soluble so needs to be replaced daily.
- Reduces the incidence of nausea.
- Involved in the reduction of oxidised harmful fats.
- Could help to reduce the incidence of preeaclampsia.
- Helps to reduce fatigue.
- Can help alleviate irritability and 'feeling low'.
Vitamin B3 - Niacin
- Water soluble and needs replacing daily.
- Required for proper production of energy.
- It is involved in the digestion of carbohydrates, protein and fats.
- Can alleviate anxiety and aid sleep.
- Is protective of bone.
- Lowers and stabilise blood sugar.
- Helps to retard the ageing process.
- Water soluble and needs replacing daily.
- Can counteract, deactivate, inhibit and destroy various harmful free radicals.
- The growing baby takes vitamin C from the mother for its own developmental needs.
- It can help reduce incident of backache associated with pregnancy.
- Vitamin C helps reduce the severity of anaemia by helping the absorption of iron.
- Is a balancing factor and can help with the hair loss that some women experience.
- Helps reduce brittle and flaky nails.
- Strengthens blood vessels, thus reducing haemorrhoids.
- Has a positive effect on the immune system.
- Can help with the prevention of preeaclampsia.
- Can lower elevated blood sugar.
- Can help to prevent osteoporosis due to the calcium regulation.
- This mineral is often leached from the bones during pregnancy.
- Can reduce the build up of toxic substances.
- Alleviates muscle cramps.
- Hypertension in latter stage can be reduced with adequate calcium levels.
- Pregnancy requires an adequate iron levels.
- It is required to make sufficient haemoglobin.
- Additional iron is required for proper placenta growth.
- Restless Leg Syndrome can often be associated with low iron levels.
All information contained on this website is for information only and should not be used to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease, health or medical condition. The products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any health or medical condition.
Do not exceed stated dose or use with prescribed medication unless advise by a doctor or medical practitioner.
**Keep out of reach of children